We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager specializing in the A&E Building Industry to be a part of our growing engineering practice. We currently have openings in Pittston and
Allentown PA, as well as Binghamton NY. The successful candidate will have experience with an A&E Consulting firm leading design teams, coordinating staff, and interacting with clients. The
candidate will be involved from the initial conceptual design to construction close out, for projects across a wide range of industries including healthcare, education, commercial, industrial and
This position reports to the Principals of the Firm.
This position requires the applicant have sufficient experience in the management of construction projects including managing from initial design through construction documents and construction
administration, but not limited to the following:
- Fully responsible for end to end project delivery.
- Prime interface responsibility between the Smith Miller team and the client.
- Communications - the PM shall be responsible for all communications to clients, agencies, design team, construction team, etc.
- Develop a communication plan for each project.
- Establish and conduct regular team meetings, reviews, and discussions.
- Ensure that deliverables are defined and understood by all team members and delivered to meet the business needs.
- Schedule - the PM is responsible for producing a design and construction schedule including the client's responsibilities.
- Proposal - the PM will be assigned proposal development for new business from existing clients and tasks associated with maintaining that client.
- Profitability - the PM is solely responsible for profit on their projects
- PM will monitor design for changes in scope.
- PM must review man-hours, and total cost on their projects.
- Monitor - the PM shall review each disciplines detailed designs to ensure they are consistent with the project scope, cost, and schedule.
- Quality - Ensure each project has been checked for accuracy, completeness, and adhere to governing codes and design standards.
- Construction Phase - depending on the size of the project and available time, PM may be responsible for this phase in part or totally.
- Report on project status to management.
- BSME/BSEE/BSAE (or other engineering discipline with applicable experience).
- PMI certification preferred but not required
- LEED/AP preferred but not required.
- 6+ years experience in a lead role as project manager for technically sophisticated facilities within the building industry.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position as outlined above.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to listen and fully understand the scope and issues within a project.
- Working knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems to ensure proper design coordination.
- Knowledge of and ability to estimate and evaluate construction costs.
- Proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Solid business / financial acumen to keep project within scope.
What We Offer:
As a member of our team, we provide you with the opportunity for advancement, a compensation and benefits package that reflects your workplace contributions, professional goals and personal
- Competitive Compensation (salary, bonuses, profit sharing)
- Benefits package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance (short & long term)
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Training and professional development courses.
SMA is proud to be an EOE.
If you are ready for the responsibilities and opportunities of a progressive and growing consulting firm, you are encouraged to respond by providing a cover letter and resume outlining your
experience and qualifications to: email@example.com