We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Designer specializing in Building Systems Design to be a part of our growing engineering practice. We currently have openings in our Pittston and
Allentown PA locations. The successful candidate will have experience with an A&E Consulting firm leading design teams, coordinating staff, and interacting with clients. The candidate will be
involved from the initial conceptual design to construction close out, for projects across a wide range of industries including healthcare, education, commercial, industrial and mission
This position reports to the Director of Electrical Engineering.
This position requires the applicant have sufficient experience in the preparation of building electrical systems construction documents including, but not limited to the following:
- Conducts field inspections to determine existing conditions.
- Perform power, voltage drop, short circuit, and lighting calculations.
- Design of power distribution systems (incoming service, transformers, switch gear, panel boards, wiring systems, end devices, etc).
- Design of emergency power distribution systems (including generators, automatic transfer switches, panel boards, wiring systems, end devices, etc.).
- Design of UPS systems.
- Design of lighting and associated control systems, including system control diagrams, points lists, and sequence of operations.
- Design of Fire Alarm Systems.
- Design of special systems such as telephone, data, public address, nurse call, etc.
- Layout equipment, lighting, and wiring systems.
- Perform code analysis based on federal, state, and local codes.
- Prepare CSI Master specifications for projects.
- Provide construction administration (CA) support which includes but is not limited to: reviewing shop drawings, answering requests for informations, performing punch-lists and
running/participating in construction meetings.
- ASEET (or other engineering discipline with applicable experience).
- EIT preferred but not required.
- LEED/AP highly preferred.
- 6+ years experience designing Electrical Building Systems in technically sophisticated facilities.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position as outlined above.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of SKM program.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software packages.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code, and IEEE standards.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of applicable building codes.
- Inter-personal skills and a positive attitude are a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict timelines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively individually and within a team environment.
- Must take ownership of the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the work assigned to you.
- Ability to perform Arc Flash calculations is a plus.
- Revit experience is a plus.
What We Offer:
As a member of our team, we provide you with the opportunity for advancement, a compensation and benefits package that reflects your workplace contributions, professional goals and personal
- Competitive Compensation (salary, bonuses, profit sharing)
- Benefits package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance (short & long term)
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Training and professional development courses.
SMA is proud to be an EOE.
If you are ready for the responsibilities and opportunities of a progressive and growing consulting firm, you are encouraged to respond by providing a cover letter and resume outlining your
experience and qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org