We are seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer specializing in HVAC Systems Design to be a part of our growing engineering practice. We currently have openings in our Pittston and
Allentown PA locations. The successful candidate will have experience with an A&E Consulting firm leading design, mentoring junior staff, and interacting with clients. The candidate will be
involved from the initial conceptual design to construction close out, for projects across a wide range of industries including healthcare, education, commercial, industrial and mission
This position reports to the Director of Mechanical Engineering.
This position requires the applicant have sufficient experience in the preparation of building mechanical systems construction documents including, but not limited to the following:
- Provide HVAC systems selection, design, and engineering for Healthcare, Commercial, Educational, and Industrial facilities.
- Perform and prepare HVAC system life cycle cost studies, energy studies, and conditional assessments.
- Conduct field inspections to determine existing conditions.
- Perform ventilation, cooling and heat load calculations.
- Selection of equipment for various project and system types.
- Perform flow and pressure drop calculations for sizing air distribution and piping systems.
- Design of air and hydronic distribution systems.
- Work with designers to layout equipment, ductwork, and piping systems.
- Perform code analysis based on federal, state, and local codes.
- Design of EMS/ATC systems, including systems control diagrams, points lists, and sequence of operations.
- Prepare CSI Master specifications for projects.
- Provide construction administration (CA) support which includes but is not limited to: reviewing shop drawings, answering requests for information, performing punch-lists and
running/participating in construction meetings.
- BSME/BSAE (or other engineering discipline with applicable experience).
- Current PE registration preferred; EIT accepted in lieu of PE.
- LEED/AP highly preferred.
- Commissioning certification is a plus.
- 6+ years experience designing HVAC building systems in technically sophisticated facilities.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position as outlined above.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of Trane Trace 700, or Carrier HAP program.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software packages.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE standards.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of applicable building codes.
- Inter-personal skills and a positive attitude are a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict timelines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively individually and within a team environment.
- Must take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you.
- Knowledge of building plumbing and fire protection systems is a plus.
- Revit experience is a plus.
What We Offer:
As a member of our team, we provide you with the opportunity for advancement, a compensation and benefits package that reflects your workplace contributions, professional goals and personal
- Competitive Compensation (salary, bonuses, profit sharing)
- Benefits package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance (short & long term)
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Training and professional development courses.
SMA is proud to be an EOE.
If you are ready for the responsibilities and opportunities of a progressive and growing consulting firm, you are encouraged to respond by providing a cover letter and resume outlining your
experience and qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org