SMA's clients in the warehouse and distribution industries recognize us as the design firm for their engineering needs. Our work began in this design arena
right from our inception, and since then we have put in place more than $500 million in construction. SMA engineers have been involved in more than 50 warehouse and distribution facilities
ranging in size from 30,000 to more than 1.8 million square feet.
SMA's warehouse designs focus on making the warehouse spaces functional and efficient, while providing a safe and comfortable environment for the workers to
increase productivity and control, reduce operating costs, and improve customer service.
SMA has designed all types of warehouses such as;
- Heated and unheated general warehouses
- Refrigerated warehouses
- Controlled temperature and humidity warehouses
- Special-designed warehouses meeting strict requirements for liquid storage (fuel and nonpropellants), flammable and combustible storage, and hazardous chemical
- Use ceiling mounted fans to reduce heat stratification and provide air movement.
- Specifying white painted metal roof decking, thereby increasing ceiling surface reflectivity, lighting efficiency, and worker comfort without any added energy
- Use energy efficient HVAC equipment, Plumbing & Lighting fixtures, and systems
- Provide proper ventilation under all circumstances.
- Provide local exhaust for restrooms, kitchens, janitor's closets, copy rooms, battery-charging areas, etc.
- Provide CO2 sensors to provide real time monitoring of air quality.
- Integrate daylighting with the lighting system.
- Allow for natural lighting where possible. Provide lighting controls that turn off lights when sufficient daylight exists. Provide dimming controls that
continuously adjust lighting levels to respond to daylight conditions.
- Minimize HVAC system noise in occupied space.